return link

Sunday 7 February 2021

Canon EOS EF Eyecup will fit Contax and Yashica

The Kyocera F-3 eyecup was used on the Contax S2, 167, Aria and maybe other bodies. It also fits earlier bodies like the 139, 137 and 159 and also Yashica bodies like the FX-3, FX-D, FX-103 etc. I, personally, prefer it to the round eyecups that were used on the earlier Contax and Yashicas.

However, the Kyocera F-3 eyecup has become scarce and when they do become available they are expensive. So I looked for an alternative and found the Canon EOS EF eyecup fits perfectly. It's the same style as the Kyocera F-3 though slightly different in shape. Original Canon eyecups are available and are not expensive but there are Chinese made copies that are available very cheaply on ebay.

The Canon EF eyecup fits Canon EOS 350D, 400D, 450D, 500D, 550D, 600D, 1000D etc. bodies. There are other similar models so, if buying, check it's the correct one.

Here's a few pics of one I bought fitted to a FX-3, a 139 and the KF-M1 mentioned in my previous post.




And a couple of pictures of the eyecup itself.


6 comments:

  1. Does it have a Canon designation like ED or similar? I am looking for a diopter solution for my Contaxes

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an EF eyecup. I don't know if there are Canon dioptres in the same fitting but, if there are, I guess they would fit too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Peter,

    i tell you my secret eyecup, which i am using for more than 2 decades, as replacement for the nowadays (way) expensive original CONTAX or Kyocera F-3 eyecup - look via Aliexpress, Amazon or others (eBay) ressources for the Pentax PB eyecup ! It suits not only my Yashica's (FR, FR-I, Contax 139Q, 167mt, etc.) but also my Minolta XD7, X-700, and so on SLRs...because the EOS EF eyecup (tried & failed many years ago...) was never a substitute for the original, for my taste.

    Good light,
    Marc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marc, I'll check that out.

      Delete
    2. Hi Marc--I can't find any reference to a "Pentax PB eyecup" when I do a Google search or search on Amazon and eBay. Can you point me to it? Thanks!

      Delete
  4. My Canon AE 1 eye cup fits the Contax 139Q nicely. It’s a good option of you are looking for something that is round.
    https://www.keh.com/shop/canon-manual-focus-eyecup-rubber-rectangular-4s-a-series-240572.html

    ReplyDelete